Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love is beautiful.

I'm sitting here preparing myself to write an academic essay about conflict in Kenya... just sitting and thinking and I came, I guess, to a awesome revelation.

Love is beautiful
It is indeed. It's designed by God, and His work is always beautiful. Love is complete, yet seeks more. It gives us purpose and passion. I think the best part about love... Right now for me, is that I keeps a smile on my face as I go to sleep every night.

I've been feeling extremely lonely lately... frantically searching within my soul and asking God, "What do I need to do to get into a relationship again?"
... All the while rejecting the time I'm blessed with. As a single guy, I have the opportunity to hang out with Jesus freely... to learn to love Him more and more. I wanted to get in a relationship because I know relationships reflect my love for Jesus, but looking at the flaws I have, I realize I have a long way to go. A co-worker of mine, Jodi Pena, said, "Joe, I can't wait to see who you grow up to be." Coming from her, it was a bit of a shock. I'm still a bit shaken up by it, but it fills me with an awesome hope. I want to continue to pursue the things God has right in front of me, and I'm excited to take up the things God has for me down the road. I need to stop making things happen for myself, forget about getting into a relationship and take the time to improve the one I'm already in.

The revelation I came to was this:
Love is a choice. (DUH, right?) I was thinking back on all my relationships and was blown away. How could those corny lines and my spazzy personality get/keep any girl interested in me? I'm not sure, but it's awesome. Preparing myself and looking around, I find my parent's relationship extremely beautiful. They choose to love each other daily. I want that. Jesus, I want to wake up every morning and choose to love You. Once I truly get that I will start to ask You about ladies again, alright? :)

1 comment:

Phil said...

I'm moving in with you... You can serenade me with your blogs and then we could play Rainbow Six Vegas on X-box live.