Sunday, April 13, 2008

The gift that keeps on ... TAKING!

Side note: Yesterday I ran a 10K. My time doesn't show my hard work, but I was ecstatic when I found out I finished it off in 52:20. I named today's blog, "The gift that keeps on.... TAKING" because that 10K affected me during last night's sleep, my 10am-6pm shift, and my workout.

Yay 10 Ks!

Today's WOD:
"Quarter Gone Bad"

Five rounds for total reps of:
135 pound Thruster [sub 115 pound], 15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
50 pound Weighted pull-up, 15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
Burpees, 15 seconds
Rest 45 seconds

Goal: 15 reps - Thruster, 15 reps - Weighted pull-up, 25 reps - Burpees.
What I accomplished: 25 reps - Thruster, 12 reps - Weighted pull-up, 34 reps - Burpees.
I set goals beyond what I expected to put out. Man, I'm stronger than I think. This is awesome!
___________________________________________________________________

Check this song out. It's 'Lose my Soul' by Tobymac.... It's stuck in my head, but I'm loving it!




No comments: