Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What a day!

Days like today don't come around often. It's hilarious... Most guys I know have probably been through a lot of it, but for me it's different. A girl gave me her number!
When it happened I was confused and didn't really know how to embrace it, but I learned. God, I want to honor You. Thanks for a little glimpse of encouragement that I'm not that bad. :) We wrote notes back and forth for a couple of moments (we were literally sitting RIGHT next to each other...) and the next thing you know I have a girls phone number! Whew!

1 Samuel 12:20-25

20 "Do not be afraid," Samuel replied. "You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart. 21 Do not turn away after useless idols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless. 22 For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own. 23 As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right. 24 But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you. 25 Yet if you persist in doing evil, both you and your king will be swept away."

God keeps us in check. He maintains accountability to ensure our success. The Israelite people have rejected God and chose Saul (the looser..) as king. '... the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you His own." Please to make us His own. Lord, may we not forget the grace You give us, the love You pour upon us. I desire to do as Samuel requests... Fear You, God and serve You faithfully with all my heart. Lord, thanks for everything.. I love You, God.

-Joe

1 comment:

Phil said...

Good stuff. That was the first time I've seen that scripture. I like how God said " you have done all this evil stuff... but still turn back to me." I always kind of thought that God would only say things like that in the New Testament and that in the OT he would have either nuked them, or flooded the world or maybe send them in exile. MAN just a reminder that God is eternal. Back then and now. And by eternal... i mean eternally sweet!