Saturday, March 15, 2008

Finding God ... in the MUCK!

What a day!
Today started off like any other, woke up at 5:30am... and went back to sleep. :)
Woke up again at 6:15am, took a shower, and was at work by 6:50am. Today was
an awesome day at work, I must say. I handled one hundred thirty check outs today
as a lone bellman. Finally, I'm doing something right!
After work, I drove home, wrestled with God about tithing and grabbed my Bible --- wait, where's my Bible? Long story short, God won; I will definitely write about tithing later.
I arrived at the Home, and hung out with the Whatcom CCFers. Good times.
A little something came up that really began stirring my heart:
We had a 'name game' with the following criteria...
What would you do if you could do anything you wanted and money was not a factor? (In one sentence)
My reply... "I would take my mom and visit her family in the Philippines, and just pour a blessing on them."
Who was that reply for? Jesus and my Mom. All around the room I heard response after response about selfish desires. Lord, I want ... and I'm sure You do, too... to be a part of the Body that keeps You the head and desires to do Your will. I was so discouraged. Sure, it was a game, but... I'll probably blab about this later, too.
Headed to CCF at Western, had a blast worshiping God, wrestled with thoughts during the
message (don't worry, my argument was Biblical! he used a few scripture out of context, I think...) Then I talked to Jennifer Gailey and Alexi Sapida (again? I'm as surprised as you are!)

Here's where the fun actually began:
I got to the home around 9:50pm, I had to go home because I have to work in... roughly 5 hours (7:00am). I go to my car and the dome light is out. Crap. I didn't want to interrupt my Core's "manover," so I called my dad (who recently got his job and slept through his alarm... I woke him up to make it to work), then I called my sister. After a couple moments of catching up and talking, she drove over to help her brother out. I LOOOVE my family. She drove up from Oak Harbor to help me out. (1 hour drive, one way!)
She's driving up... and we talk about everything. Everything that God's been doing in each of our lives, I was STOKED to hear how obedient my sister has grown to be. I'm so proud of her.
Long story made even longer, my sister gets lost due to lack of clarity and confusing Bellingham roads. I came running; here's my route (ended up coming to 1.3 miles).
Yeah, I ran the wrong way, so what? I was using my map doohickey on my phone (finally put into use!) and eventually found my way. We hung out a bit more, I taught her how to jump a car, and sat down and told her not to grow up to be a drunk. Bellingham at midnight is a scary place ladies and gents. A scaary place.




God's been at work in my life. The harvest came up when I was most broken. Well, my car was... AGAIN! No matter, God showed up, and the night rocked. I wouldn't trade tonights experience for anything. Tonight I faced a few areas I need to be praying for God's direction in:
  • Tithing! (I'm excited to write about this!)
  • Bellingham outside of CCF. (Boy are we in a bubble!, those people need Jesus, too!)
  • Being there financially for my family.
  • Authenticity (being real)
  • Understanding of: Love, Patience, and Faithfulness and incorporating it into my life!
I'm a rambler, excuse me. It's 2:00am, and I've been up since about 6:30am.. I need to get up around the same time and do it again! :) Woo-hoo!

No comments: