Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Whoa! Wake-up call!

Workout of the Day:
For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood (about 30 lbs.)
50 Knees to elbows (this turned out to be about 15, then 35 pathetic v-sits)
50 Front squats, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 12 pound ball
50 Single unders (jump rope)
I finished this today at 31:42
Yeah, today pretty much sucked. I was confronted today by one of the my Core members that I am viewed by others as a commitment flake. Wait a second, a what?

This is what my schedule looks like:
5:40am - try to wake up, pray, do devotionals
6:00am - get ready for work (eat breakfast, shower, etc.)
6:40am - drive in to work
7:00am to 3:00pm - WORK!!
3:10pm - get home, get ready for school
3:25pm - start driving to school
4:00pm to 5:05pm - English 100 class (Monday through Thursday)
5:10pm to 7:30pm - Math 131 class (Monday and Wednesday)
6:00pm to 8:00pm - Sociology 110 class (Thursday)
If I get home around 8:00pm, I try to work out, but if I don't have the time, no biggie!
8:00pm(ish) to 9:30pm - Homework!
10:00pm - pray, go to bed!

That's just my schedule, but I'm a commitment flake, here are a few of my commitments:
Jesus (give my 10%, but live for Him with my all!)
Brother (Responsible to pay bills, clean up around the house, and be there for him)
Family (You guys know this one!)
Friends & CCF (This is what I'm working on! This is my prayer and discipline focus!)

I have a lot to due, I just need to bucket down, stop wasting time, and make the most of every opportunity to have each moment I have available fully used to bring a smile to God's face. Sorry, everyone, but this is the life I'm living. It's incredibly rough, but it's what I have to do. Hey, Phil, can you hit me with a comment about this? I feel guilty that I'm not there for people, but for the first time in ages, I feel like I need help! I hate to be called a commitment flake, but it's not like I'm hogging any time to myself, and all the things I'm doing right now are preparing me for the ministry God's called me to. It's a stretchy time for me!

2 comments:

Phil said...

Dude don't worry about it. :)

Phil said...

I'm pretty sure that in the last year you've expirienced the most change EVER... And i really am encouraged that you are really pursuing God! Its sad to say but I know a whole bunnch of seniors from last year who have faded away.